Irregular periods after abortion. Trying to get pregnant. Will it be safe to take femilon tablet?

Hello doctor i am 24y old married women. 9months back I got pregnancy. In 3rd month I got bleeding and then abortion . From their onwards I got periods irregularly one month it comes 20days and another month 30days and this month I will get periods in 16days. I consult my doctor and she prefered me to use femilon tabs. Is it is safe. I want to get pregnancy please help me
Asked On : Wed, 23 Jan 2013
You seem to be suffering from post abortal hormonal imbalance . This needs to be corrected first to ensure regular ovulation as you do not seem to have any ovulation problems. Femilon is an oral contraceptive prescribed in your case to regularize the cycles. After regularizing the cycles, which should be done in a couple of months, treatment for promoting pregnancy will be initiated. You may need induction of ovulation if there is evidence of insufficient ovulation. You can get a complete hormonal profile, sonogram, tubal patency and nutritional supplementation to prepare the system for a good chance of pregnancy. Please get further advice from your doctor. Good luck.