Irregular periods, affecting sex life. Treatment?

ok well i am 16 years old and well i ve always had a reular period but 2 months ago i started my period, as usual it lased 5 days,and well 2 weeks later i got my period again.. and it kind of surprised me but i tought it would be normal, but now i have been getting my period continously every two weeks and im hating it its affectin even my sex life . can anyone tell me why this is happening? please.
Asked On : Sun, 18 Mar 2012
there are many reasons why you could be having frequent periods. at your age, the most common reason is due to a hormonal imbalance. this could be a thyroid or prolactin problem, or if could be due to polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), or being overweight, or other possible causes. almost always, it is easily corrected by using birth control pills to regulate your cycles, which also have the added benefit if providing safe contraception. you need to speak with your fictive so that he/she can help you get your period back to normal. I hope this helps, please let me know if you have any more questions.