Irregular periods, advised Norgest. Hairs on face, pale, sacn says PCOD. Advised Benforce, Evecare. Right medication ?

My daughter is 17 year old. During last 2 years she had irregular period. Suggested by my doctor, she took Norgest tablet for 3 months and her period got regularised recently. Presently, she has some hairs on her face above lips,her appearance is pale and not glowing as per age and she is thin with short height. She is confused, weak and have less energy/stamina. After sonography it was found that she is having Polycyst in ovary. Thyoride & PCOD test reveals following (1) T3 is 0.74 ng/ Ml against Ref. range (0.97- 1.86) (2) Testosterone , total serum (CLIA) is 90.72 ng/dL against Ref range 10 - 40 ng/dl (3) Testosterone, Free serum (EIA) is 2.6 pg/ml (4) FSH ( Follicle Stimulating Hormone ) 3.94 mIU/ml against Ref range 2.50 - 10.20 mTU/ml for Follicular adult female and Ref. range 2.00 mIU/ml for Children (5) LH (Luteinising Hormone) 0.37 mTU/ml against Ref. range 1.90 - 12.50 mTU/ml for Follicular adult female and 6.00 mIU/ml for children Our doctor prescribed her to take 1 tab of Benforce-M ( Metformin with Benfotiamine ) twice daily and 02 tab of Evecare twice daily. Pl. advice if this is appropriate medicine for her problem and if it will have any side effects. What is other best suitable medicine prescribed for the problem. We want her to gain physical and mental development at the earliest, according to her age since the problem is affecting her studies.
Asked On : Wed, 12 Sep 2012