Irregular periods. Vaginal scan shows thin ling of the womb. Prescribed Progynova, PrimolutN 3 times daily. Safe?

Thank you so much for this opportunity.My name is Sandra prior to this time I haven t seen my period( mestrual cycle) for almost 2 years which was in 2010,but on the 30th of August 2012 my period came and I was very excited but didnt show up in september.The next time the mestrual cycle came was in October 12th 2012.I was scheduled to do an IUI but when the doctor had a virginal scan on me he discovered that the lining of the womb is thin and he placed me on 6 tablets of 2mg progynova daily with primolut N . The question is,is the dose not to high having to take 2 tab -3times daily? I took the same drug in 2010 in another city I was asked to take just 1tab daily so am wondering why the doses high and the safety. thank you so much for your response
Asked On : Sun, 2 Dec 2012