Irregular periods. Tender breasts, dark spotting, tiredness. Diabetic. Pre-menopause symptoms?

i m 42.5 yrs old. i usually have irregular periods. i start with tender breasts mostly the side of my right one. then small amount of crimson spotting but now it s dark. i also have been experiencing headaches and tiredness (but i m also a type 1 diabetic taking novolog & synthroid ). i m (hoping) assuming peri- menopause . besides diabetic and 42.5yrs, both of my now teenage boys were 6-9wks premature (in addition, one aspergers and the other PDD NOS)
Asked On : Wed, 30 Jan 2013