Irregular periods. Taken meprate medication, pregnancy detected. Will medication have side effects?

Hello Doctor, My wife had irregular period and we tested for pregnancy on the 32nd day and it was negative. The doctor prescribed Meprate and she took it for 3-5 days and still she had no periods. Today, we scanned and the Doctor said she is Pregnant. As per the last periods currently she is 53 days Pregnant. Having Meprate will have any deadlier effects on the womb? Please let me know seriously as i have seen different comments. But what is the exact truth? Regards
Asked On : Mon, 12 Nov 2012