Irregular periods. Taken HCG injection during follicle study. Now spotting. Reason?

hi, Dr Lundi, I,m dr akash , my wife has got problem of irregular cycles since 10 years now ,we are married since 4 years .be ze of irregular menses and uncertainty of ovulation , conception is not taking place ,she was given inj hcg on 28 th day of cycle with follicle size 17mm but ovulation didn,t take place until 6th day of hcg by follicle study. now on 3 rd day of ovulation she has bleeding or spotting. what does that mean .
Asked On : Thu, 4 Apr 2013