Irregular periods. On regestrone, stopped it, weight gain, no periods. Which medication will help in weight control and regularization of periods?

Hello Sir My daughter is 14 year old and she was having irregular period .I consulted a doctor and regestrone was prescribed by her. My daughter took the tablet for three months and than the doctor told her to stop the medicine. but after one month of stopping the medicine she has put on lots of weight and her period is also stopped. Guide me .i am tptally confused whether it was a right medicine or not .How i will control her weight?
Asked On : Sun, 1 Jul 2012