Irregular periods. On Nuva Ring. What is the reason for irregular periods?

I have been on the Nuva Ring for the past two and a half years and for the most part it has been a dream. The last six months or so my period has become sorta strange. For three months i had no period and when it did come it lasted for three weeks. THen the next two months no period and again I am now having the super long period. I have not changed my method of birth control and still use the Nuva Ring as directed. What could be causing such long periods and the absences of a period?
Asked On : Thu, 26 Apr 2012