Irregular periods. Light period, spotting. What is the problem?

HI, I am 45 years old. Iam having irregular periodfrom the last month. igot my period nov20and its, duration dec 3 .After that my period begins december 4 it is still continuing, first 4 days, my period was so light, it does mean that, little spotting, but after 4days it started heavy , and its continue 4days, and after4days it was starting spotting,and still 12days moving. Before i was in Dubai ,last 15 years. Last 4 month iamin Canada. Ijast want to know what is my problem.
Asked On : Wed, 19 Dec 2012