Irregular periods. Had sex, started birth control. Possibility of pregnancy?

I am a 18 yr old female who has irregular periods but has recently been on a 21 day cycle. My last period was 11/18 and thus my expected one would be 12/9. I had sex on 12/15 and started birth control 12/16. My doctor recommended that I wait till the first day of my period to start birth control but I wanted to start asap and read that it was okay to do. I have not had sex since 12/15. Is it possible that I could be pregnant? When would be the earliest I could take a pregnancy test?
Asked On : Tue, 25 Dec 2012