Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Irregular periods, Dr advised novelon, lot of vomiting. Side effects of the medicine ?

hello, i was suffering from irregular period and my doctor suggest me to take novelon. but it causes me vomiting a lot. i have already taken 11 tablets. now i want to stop it as the feeling to vomit all the day long becoming painful for me. my question is, is it safe to stop taking medicine now? will it effect my health later as it is basically a hormonal tablet?
Asked On : Fri, 31 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  206
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Sep 2012
Hi, Welcome to HCM I am Dr. Das.
First of all, the symptoms you told are just of the side effects of NOVELON. So, if you cant bear this any more, you have to stop it right now,
After stopping the drug you will have a bleeding after 7 days. After that you just consult your doctor to change the drug. And now, you must take antivomiting agent and PPI.
Answered: Fri, 31 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor