Irregular periods. Done follicular study, no dominant follicle. Implications?

Hi,i started having spotting about a week after my period,and my cycle was becoming increasingly irregular.
I did a follicular study today(day 12) and the doctor says there is no dominant follicle yet. What is the implication of this? Since i have an average cycle length of 34 days,is it possible that its still too early to have a dominant follicle yet?
Does it mean i can't have a baby soon,because i hope to conceivein the next few months?
Asked On : Sun, 14 Apr 2013