Irregular periods. Brown spotting. Negative pregnancy test. Could I still be pregnant?

Hi, I have very irregular periods, sometimes 50+ days between cycles. The first day of my last period was Oct. 23rd. On Nov. 19th I started spotting for 3 days. On the first day I had dark brown blood with a little pink blood (not enough to fill a tampon ). For the next 2 days I had dark brown blood, but only when I wiped. This was not at all like my normal heavy period. I took a pregnancy test this morning (Nov. 26th) and it was negative. I was wondering if there is any way i could still be pregnant. I was hoping that the spotting was implantation bleeding , but I m thinking since it happened a week ago it would show up on a pregnancy test by now. My husband and I have been trying for 9 months and really want a baby.
Asked On : Fri, 30 Nov 2012