Irregular period, weight gain, palpitation, IBS, inflammation of the pelvis, aches. Is it an infection?

hello i ama women of 45 and four years ago i had a smear test that was grade three and had to have treatment. Since then i have had problems. My periods became irregular, i gained weight, got heart palpiations and severe depression too, also irritable bowel syndrome . My gp said i am going thru the menopause . Sice then my periods have stopped completely and i now have bad back ache that radiates down my right hip area, and also inflammation on the right side of my pelvis and dull aching pain there. i returned this week to my gp as i was due another smear and he gave me antibiotic saying its probably an infection if it does not clear up come back. But whilst having the smear i was in a lot of pain when it was done. Please am i worrying for nothing??
Asked On : Sat, 23 Mar 2013