Irregular light periods, stomach cramps. Suggestion?

Hi my period is late but i stared to bleed yesterday very very light was there for a second today again very bery light..i have my period between 27-30 days and 35 this time well thats if it is my period i have never had a very light period like this along with cramps i had cramps past few days. what could this be ? again my period when it comes is always the same first 3 days fearly heavy or normal and the next 2 days get lighter.. Thanks
Asked On : Sun, 29 Apr 2012
hello and thank you for asking HCM,

I understand your concern. At first, if you are sexually active than you should make a pregnancy test. If not, than there are a lot of reasons why sometimes your period delays and is different in quantity. Reasons which could lead to this are: stress, weight loss, medication, but also some medical conditions. My suggestion is to make the test and if it is negative and the cramps still remain, visit your gynecologist to exclude some medical conditions which could lead to this.

I hope this answer was helpful to you.