Irregular heart beats followed by strong beats, burning in the arm, tenderness on the chest. Is treatment required?

female, 50 years old, have always been in good health, don t take any medications , and I take vitamins daily. I do not drink caffeine, or soda . I drink water and herbal tea, I juice fruits and veggies daily. I do not eat pork or red meat. over the past year I have had some heart palpitations, but last night was different. I had a like irregular or fluttering that lasted at least 7 seconds to 15 seconds, no pain with it, but scared me, then when it stopped doing that and began to beat regular, there were 3 really hard strong beats that felt like when you have an adrenalin today I still feel not right, I have burning down my left arm, and tenderness on the left side of my chest, just a few inches over from my arm pit. do I need to go see a doctor?
Asked On : Fri, 27 Apr 2012