Irregular heart beat, beating slowly, then rapidly, dizziness, even occurring at rest. Causes?

Hello, my heart has been doing this strange thing for a while now. I ll be listening to it with my stethoscope (I am a CNA) and it will beat very irregularly. First slow, then it will speed up, and back an forth like that. There is no set limit to how long it will beat slowly or really fast. I will be sitting in the same position the entire time too. There are moments when I will randomly feel like passing out. This has been happening for a while so I know that it is not going to kill me, but I would feel a lot safer if I had an idea of what it could be.
Asked On : Sat, 15 Sep 2012