Irregular bleeding with discoloration after childbirth. Is it normal? How to know the stitches are healed?

Hi I just had a baby a mth ago I had stiches because I tore.well when he first came out I bleed heavy red then I left hospital n really havent bleed at all not even spotting til about a day ago or two I came home n have noticed my blood is heavy now n black is this sumthin to worry about.and how do I know if I tore the stiches I feel fine..
Asked On : Sat, 7 Jul 2012
A fresh red colored bleeding with pain will indicate the torn stitches. Since you are passing a black colored blood now, you need not worry. Doing a cold compress in the area will help in stopping the local bleeding if there is any.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal