Irregular bleeding during periods. Reason?

I ve had a very little period this month it normally is heavy the first day through the third and ends on the the fifth day but this time it was light the first four days stopped then came back light and about two weeks before my period I had a dark discharge i was trying to figure out what s wrong with me I have a 26 day cycle
Asked On : Sun, 2 Dec 2012
There are a few possibilities. If you are sexually active without any protection, pregnancy should be contemplated. Please get an assessment of the serum beta-hCG to confirm/exclude pregnancy and plan further management if positive. If negative, you should get assessed for hormone imbalances through investigation. A trans-vaginal sonogram also will help assess the state of the pelvic organs. You may need a course or two of hormones to help recover the normal cycles. Hope this helps.