Irregular and heavy bleeding. Had an endometrial biopsy. Non-invasive options?

hi, i am 45 years old female, 90 kgs N 153cms., i am constantly suffering from irregular and heavy bleeding since past 7 years, which has been kept in control by progesterone tabs like duphaston or primolut 5mg. Had an endometrial biopsy 5 years back and the report came non-malignant with indication of hyper estrogenism. Cervical biopsy indicated cervicitis . My uterus ultrasound indicates anteverted n bulky uterus of size 11.7 x 10.6 x 8.7cm, myometrium is coarse & grossly heterogenous & hypertrophied, endometrium is irregular and ill-defined and u/s technician s report indicating gross uterine adenomyosis. Ovaries are normal. I have been suggested Total abdominal hysterectomy with BSO of both ovaries but I am reluctant to have the surgery. Do i have any other non-invasive options?? can i continue with the progesterone replacements until i reach menopause?? i have not other health problems - LFT, PFT, ECG, Uric Acid, Glucose, pressure, lipid, throid profiles are all normal.
Asked On : Wed, 19 Sep 2012