Irate, mentally immature, depressed, unable to control emotions, supporting family from early age. Treatment?

hi doctor, i feel like just to hate myself now a days. reason is now i get very irate and have no control on it and this is affecting my dear ones very much. they think that i am a good person and they forgive me every time and this is a limit now that i even cannot say sorry to them, because this situation had gone much worst now. i think i am mentally immature and i think i don t have ability to handle my relations with my friends and family. please suggest me something so that i should stop all these non sense things. about myself : i am a 25 years old guy who works in a private firm and i support my family with my earnings. i had never been in a relation with any girl in the past, i know i have interest in girls but the age i started working and supporting my family was a bit early and i never distracted my goal to support my family. my father left us when i was 10. and from that day onwards we became very poor, nothing to eat, no roof to hide, and lots and lots of problem. i think to do something good, but it goes opposite. i was in a great depression in past around 3 to 4 years ago and i think i had never came back normal. please suggest me.
Asked On : Wed, 12 Sep 2012

Welcome to HealthcareMagic Public Forum

From your description following are possibilities which need assessemnt and management:
-Over expectation from self
-Personality issues
-Chronic depression
-Poor coping skills
-Excessive family stress

For treatment get personality assessment, detail psychometric assessment, stop substance use (if any) morning walk and healthy diet will be helpful.

Sometime effective time management solve several interpersonal issues. Final management can be planned after assessment in your case.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Wish you Good Health.

Dr. Ashish Mittal