Intestine cancer spreading to liver, consumption of liquid food less. Can stent be used for Intestine cancer?

Hi, Can stent be used for Intestine cancer My Uncle has a intestine cancer & it is slowly spreading to liver . Already many Chemotherapy are done & now he is under medication but he is not able to have any solid food and trying to have liquid food. Even consumption of liquid food is too less & that also he will puke. So our regular DR suggested to for stents & inserting 2 bottles of blood. So wanted to know if stent is required.
Asked On : Sun, 6 May 2012