Intermittent throat pain, extends to the back of head, no improvement with antibiotics, home remedies, negative HIV status. Cause?

i have this pain of the throat that emerges and then disappears after a while. The pain is unbearable even with the painkillers.The throat pain also extends to the backside of the head.i have been diagnosed with a bacteria infection as a result of the throat and taken antibiotics namely augmentin ,leflox,enhancin and kefstar.painkillers( paracetamol )and a mouthwash gargle( betadine )but to no avail.I develop allergy in contact with tobacco smoke and have also tried the lymphatic drainage massage.My hiv status is negative.I have tried home remedies like saltwater gargle but to no avail.please help me
Asked On : Sat, 11 Aug 2012