Intermittent shoulder pain. No heart problem. Fusion of cervical discs. Abdominal pain. Are these related?

For over a year, I have had intermittent severe left shoulder pain. First went to ER thinking it was female heart attack symptoms. Ruled out heart. Months of PT only made it worse. Surgery- diskectomy +fusion of cervical discs. Months of post op PT, pain just a severe as ever. Can go several days with no pain, then another attack. Reaching up or out to side seems to trigger attack 3 hours after reaching. Recently developed abdominal cramps after eating, followed by the shoulder pain. No GERD or heartburn. Related? Endoscopy revealed hiatal hernia. Google search found info on Vagus nerve connection with abdominal band surgery and left shoulder pain.
Any ideas?
Asked On : Fri, 12 Apr 2013