Intermittent sharp pain from right ovaries, lasts for few seconds, is noticeable, have IUD insertion. Is this normal with IUD?

Hello, I am 24 with 3 children and had the Mirena IUD inserted about 1 year ago. The past month or so i have experienced some sharp pains coming from what i think feels like my ovaries mainly my right one. I was laying on the couch watching tv and laughed so hard i had to curl into the fetel position due to the pain i felt in my right side (ovaries). The sharp pain comes and goes but when it comes it last for less than a min and is very noticeable and is very uncomfortable. Is this normal with the IUD?
Asked On : Thu, 23 Aug 2012