Intermittent pain in shoulder blades, under breasts, jaw. Diagnosed as esophageal spasm. Suggestions?

Hello, I am a 28 year old female. For approx. 9 years, I have been having pains on and off. The pains are not consistent at all and they come in waves when I do have them. The waves last for a couple minutes each time, and these episodes range from 10 minutes to an hour usually. The episodes sometimes happen once a month, sometimes every second day and can happen at any time of the day. The pains seem to radiate from between my should blades, around to the area under my breasts and up into my jaw (sometimes into my shoulders/upper arms). Nothing seems to help. My doctor has tried painkillers, but we aren t sure if anything works because the episodes are so inconsistent. The most recent diagnosis is esphophageal spasm , but it doesn t seem to matter if I ve eaten recently or not, or if I lay down after I eat or anything like that. The pain is so bad I have to stop what I m doing and just concentrate on breathing and getting through the wave . Sometimes I feel like it would feel better if could burp, or crack my back (I don t know if it would actually help, it s just how my body feels!). Have you ever heard of anything like this before? Help!
Asked On : Mon, 25 Mar 2013