Intermittent pain between hip and rib cage, very painful. Have Thyroid and IBS. Reason for pain?

Hi Doc. I am 56 yrs old female. Am having intermittent pain somewhere between top hip and below rib cage on left side. Sometimes it s felt nearer front abdomen and other times directly left and also sometimes nearer back close to where that back bone joint is. Lying down i don t feel it. It s more severe and persistent if i lean to the right. Occasionally i feel it on the right side as well but it s much less severe there. Also pain on the inside of the left breast - not the breast itself but somewhere on the inside of the body. I have thyroid problems and seem to have IBS also. What could the pains be? Please help, nobody so far can tell me what s happening.
Asked On : Mon, 14 Jan 2013