Intermittent numbness in the foot after a surgery for stenosis and discectomy. Pain in the hip and knee. What can be done?

I am 40 years old. I had surgery 4 months ago on the left side of my back to remove stenosis at L4 L5, L5 S1, and discectomy at L4 l5. I v had intermittent numbness in my left foot since the surgery. In the last 2 weeks my right foot has become numb. I also have pain in my hip and knee (right side). Just to be clear, my left foot is still numb as well. I am an active person. However, I have not over done it with exercise since my surgery. I stretch and walk every day. What should I do?
Asked On : Mon, 1 Apr 2013