Intermittent minor seizures, worsened symptoms with Torleva. Advisable to continue it?

Dear Doc: I am in New Delhi, India, and have been having neuro problems for many years (present age 74). Over the past 3-4 years my problem has comprised minor seizures, occurring at irregular intervals - sometimes a gap of over 2-3 months, followed by 4-6 mini seizures in one day, again a gap, and so on. In recent weeks, my Neurologist has prescribed TORLEVA-500, one tablet daily in the morning. Using this medicine my problem has become worse. Even the RMI and RMA done at his advice have not revealed anything incriminating. Since 4-5 days, I have had 4-6 mini seizures daily, about half a dozen since midnight last night. Would you advise if I should continue TORLEVA-500, once daily, or would you advise a change in the medicine? In the past I have used DILANTIN , PHENYTOIN , or other similar drugs. Your early advice will be welcome. Thanks. J.C. Juneja in New Delhi. e-mail address: YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Sun, 2 Dec 2012