Intermittent infection in urine, kidney, throat, nose after open heart surgery. Taken antibiotics. No relief. Treatment?

hi, my 8 year old child was last year in for a open heart operation. She has a heart value problem. Since she was operate last year june she has almost every 2 month infection in her body. normally in her urine , kidney s throut and nose . we take her to the docter and then they gave her just more antiboitics. is that normal to have so many infections each time? she did not have so much infection before the operation. i would also like to know she complaints also of her left leg wicth pain and her right arm , somthing i should worried about? please let me know. regards.
Asked On : Thu, 24 May 2012
Feb 2016
Hi. Sorry to know this. Children are more prone to infection. Infection should be well controlled after heart surgery. You must go for a detailed tests of blood including Blood culture and sensitivity as well as Urine culture and sensitivity in addition to the regular one. Also sonography of abdomen to see any hidden source of infection. These tests will guide for further treatment .