Intermittent epigastric pain throughout the day causing stabbing between shoulder blades. Normal blood work, EKG. Will this subside?

I have been having epigastric pain. It is sharp and only last a few seconds about 4-5 times an hour for the last three days. Occasionally the (about once per hour) the pain will be so sharp that is stabs me between my shoulder blades, again lasting only a few seconds. I ve gone to the ER and there are no red flags with blood work or EKG . Should I be persistent or just see if this will pass? What is the obligation of an ER doctor? I felt rushed and was released at 6:55pm at shift change.
Asked On : Mon, 16 Jul 2012