Intermittent ear infection. Pain radiating to cheeks. What could this be?

Hi my son has had grouments removed a year ago an six weeks ago he started with two ear infection since then he keeps getting left ear infection which clears an comes back again i have been told he has a build up of fluid an my need grouments again but the last ten days he has been in wicked pain with left ear no infection an pain is going down into left cheek on pain relife but dosent seem to be kicking in really worried as wen every he had infection in past always cleared no prob but tings keep getting worse than better have u any idea wat this cud be..
Asked On : Sun, 17 Mar 2013