Intermittent chest pains, lower degree throbbing with sharp moving pains that last longer, diagnosed as esophagus spasm. No improvement with treatment. What can be done?

I have been having chest pains on and off again for about 8 years. The pain is primarily below left breast under rib. At times the pain can move around. It usually last a few hours and then wake up sore the next day. Here lately they last longer. It can be a sharp vicious pain and some times a lower degree throbbing pain. My doctor has done ekg , angiogram, and a scope. he called it an esophagus spasm but treatment hasn t gotten any better.
Asked On : Mon, 18 Jun 2012