Intermittent bleeding from big toe with clear sticky liquid, no pain or swelling. What is the cause and remedy?

My big toe started to bleed under the nail. I did remove a bit of gristle last year, it bled for a while but then stopped. It bleeds on and off but I managed to sort it out and it stopped. In the last 2 weeks it has started again it doesn t hurt, it just starts bleeding along with a clear sticky liquid, I don t think it s an ingrown toenail first because there is no pain, swelling or redness. I can see the nail kind of detaching itself from the toe on about 1/4 of the surface. I have tried soaking it, putting a bandage on it, not wearing shoes unless absolutely necessary, but nothing seems to work. I do run and do walk allot. What is it and what can I do?
Asked On : Fri, 27 Jul 2012