Intermittent bleeding. Due for period but no bleeding. Could I be pregnant?

Hi, I really don t know where to start - but anyway... I have been calculating my period cycle for many months and usually occurs every 29 days. If I get my period on a Monday, it will be 4 weeks later and i ll get my period again. Anyhow, last month I had a rather light bleeding a few days after ovulation then it went into a period but it wasn t all that heavy and no major clots. I was just assuming this was implantation bleeding which didn t succeed. I ovulated again around 2 weeks ago, then light bleeding occured once again about 6 days later and only every now and then. I am actually due for my period today, yet there is no major bleeding - Is there a chance I could be pregnant or could this be another underlying problem?
Asked On : Thu, 29 Nov 2012
Critical Care Specialist 's  Response
Hi thanks for your question.
You having light periods and some spotting after ovulation and you think your pregnant and this spotting could be implantation bleeding
The best way to know cause of this delayed bleeding is to wait for your due date, if bleeding doesn't occur, wait for one week and go for home pregnancy test, if it comes positive, that means your pregnant.
If test comes negative that means you’re not pregnant.
Menstrual bleeding pattern of the women do get changed normally without any reason, but it is better to consult a physician and get yourself investigated for any pathological cause of change in bleeding pattern.
Hope this answers your question.