Intermittent appearance of spot on the top of foot that seems to be increasing. Any advice?

I have a spot on the top of my foot that looks like a bruise but does not hurt like one. I noticed this probably about four years ago. The spot started the size on a nickel but now has grown to she size on a tennis ball and covers most of the top of my foot. The weird thing though is that it s not always there. It comes and goes with no basic schedule. It can be there for a month and be gone for a month or it can only be a day. Any advice? I don have any money but please help me.
Asked On : Sun, 13 Jan 2013