Intense sharp pains from jaw to ear and lower throat post intake of metoprolol tartrate100 mg, taken ibuprofen

I never had this problem before, till last month when my dr give me 100mg metoprolol tartrate 2x day with pravastatin sodium 20mg 1x day, after first took this for first week, i am experience pain under my jaw to ear and lower throat , it feel very sharp, feel tight like bruises, went to ER to check for everything and they do not found anything relate to this pain i am experience, i had to take iburprofen 800mg two time a day to stop pains, then see doctor again and dr said try to cut down to 50mg for week to see how it going, still pain and could not go away, i had it for month and half now, it is so frustrating because i do not want to keeps taking iburprofen to stop pain...
Asked On : Wed, 2 May 2012