Intense pain in the spine with pain near the shoulder blade post shoulder reconstruction. No improvement with medicines. How can this be corrected?

My mother had surgery Dec 2010 after she fell and shattered her shoulder . They rebuilt her shoulder and all was progressing quite well. Almost exactly 6 months later she started to fell a lot of pain especially down her spin and her shoulder blade close to the shoulder they operated on. She had worse days better than good but cannot control the pain. She sees a chiropractor and takes tylenol and ibuprofen . My mom is now 82 and wonders what if she never fell. My mom is in great shape except for this. What can she expect and what can she do the feel better? Thanks
Asked On : Tue, 17 Jul 2012