Intense pain in palm, little bruised, swollen. Unable to grip anything. Cause and remedy?

I have intense pain in my palm on my left hand . It felt a little bruised yesterday for no reason and now it hurts like crazy. I can t make a fist or grip anything and it is very tender to touch. It may also be swollen some. If i had fallen or something i would think it was fractured but i haven t done anything to cause this. This exact same thing happened about 2 months ago. I was going to make an appt with my doctor and it just went away. I am a 39 year old female.
Asked On : Fri, 8 Mar 2013