Intense pain in joint in the toe. Due to wearing improper shoes while playing soccer?

I have intense pain after contact with the joint in the toe that moves the toe nail up and down. I can touch it and squeeze it with no pain. I play soccer and got that injury while playing soccer and I took a while off. Shortly after i returned the pain continued again. It swells up very little and on the top side where the joint wrinkles are the skin is slightly darker than normal. I think the problem are my shoes which are too flexible, but what can i do to get back on the field as soon as possible and what is it?
Asked On : Tue, 12 Feb 2013