Intense pain, foul smell in mouth, excruciating ear pain since molar extraction. What could be causing this?

Just wondering about a dry socket. I had an upper molar tooth extracted six days ago. On the second day I woke up in really bad pain. Went back to dentist he said it was all ok just to keep rinsing. I had the worst smell out of my mouth he just said well you don t look I ll or like you lost any sleep. On the fourth day excruciating pain shooting up into my ear. And now the shooting pain has gone but I just had to go and buy more pain relief. It is still so sore. I looked in the mirror the hole is closing together but there is still a deep hole
Asked On : Fri, 12 Oct 2012