Intense pain at the back and at the site of broken ribs, under breast, labored breathing on walking, had taken treatment for pneumothorax. Cause?

A little over a year ago, I fell down a flight of stairs in the middle of the night, and broke 4 ribs.(#9-12) I had a very small pneumothorax , and was in the hospital for 4 days. It took a few months, but I felt they had finally healed, and resumed my normal activities. Now, for the past few weeks (maybe a month?) I have been having a lot of pain in my back where the ribs broke, as well as in the front, right under my right breast . It is painful to stand, sit or lay down. I was in the habit of walking 3 miles a day, but I can no longer do this. As I walk and my breathing becomes a little labored, the pain and pressure in the ribs become unbearable - especially in the front!?!. It is even getting to the point that sitting at my desk at work is extremely difficult. I don t think that I reinjured the ribs, so then why all the pain?
Asked On : Fri, 5 Oct 2012