Intense itching with swelling on the hand due to bite. Can I use piriton with flucloxacillin?

can i use piriton with 500mg x4 daily flucloxacillin . i am only on my 2nd tablet of a 28 course but i am itching so much and need some additional relief, i am on the tablets because of an unknown bite on my hand , it has caused huge swelling which is travelling up my arm . i have seen my gp today and i have my tablets, i am told to go to a&e if the swelling does not improve in 48 hours...but i could do with something in the meantime to calm the itching? i was thinking of piriton?
Asked On : Mon, 23 Jul 2012
Dec 2013
You can very well use both the things under medial supervision. It will be better if you can take antihistamine like benadryl or laratdaine along woth this to reduce itching over the affected area. Do not try to pinch or squeeze the area s it can lead to secondary infection and thus further complication. You can do cold compression over the area to reduce the intensity of itching.