Intense hot and cold flashes, weakness, no reason for anxiety. Suggestions?

I was feeling sick for a couple days last week and there was something going around so I figured I just had that. Then I started getting hot and cold flashes that are so intense about every 15 minutes. I have been very tired and just feel weak overall. They are not showing any signs of subsiding and it has been a week now. I am 48 and have had symptoms of perimenopause for quite a few years but this is totally new and stopping me from functioning normally. I have never had an anxiety attack and have no reason for anxiety so I am confused. Please help.
Asked On : Thu, 15 Nov 2012