Intense breast pain, feeling of painful lump at the bottom of the breast. Reason for pain?

Hi I m 21 going on 22 in a couple of months and I have a three year old. Recently I started to feel pain on both of my breast but I thought it was normal due to the fact that i was going to get my cycle soon. Im actually 2 days late on my cycle.The pain started to get worse on one of my breast and got to a point where I couldn t touch it. Now the pain seems like it wants to go away but it s still there. I now started to feel something hard on the bottom of my left breast. When I touch it, it hurts. What can be the reason for my pain?
Asked On : Mon, 14 May 2012