Intense bleeding form the ear after cleaning it, no pain or hearing loss. Alarming?

this morning I was cleaning my right ear and I felt a slight pain because apparently I went to far in. My ear started to bleed , not gushing mind you but a steady trickle for about 3 hours. I was concerned and almost took myself off to the emergency room when it did subside and all seems well now. Should I be concerned because it bled for so long. I don t feel any pain, and my hearing is fine, but it did scare me for a while there...thanks
Asked On : Fri, 27 Jul 2012