Insulin dependent, hypertensive. Prescribed Amlopres and Enlapril for increased BP. Will it help?

I am insulin dependent and hypertensive. Recently, I was experiencing great stress , and my BP elevated to 187/96. At the doctor s office it increased to 187/108, and was prescribed Amlopres-5 and enalapril-10. Would those help me as I have to fly in two days? Also, my breathing has been plaguing me. Being an asthmatic, I find the inhalers don t help. I fear it could be a heart problem, but the doctor seems nonchalant. I am out of the country and would not be able to see my regular doctor until the 8th of Jan.
Asked On : Sun, 6 Jan 2013