Inserted mirena coil, irregular bleeding, dirty brown discharge, pain. Chances of infection on removal?

Hi Stephen To cut a long story short, I had the mirena coil inserted 12 mths ago, the first 6 mths were fine, the next 3 were different, spotting for a whole month, then nothing for another month, then a dirty brown dicharge the following month. In january I had a normal bleed (not alot), alot of pain, and this month a very gungy brown substance. The threads are fine and still in place, I have made an appointment for removal, however i am worried about a potential infection? or something worse as I had it put in place due to heavy bleeding and fiboroids, I am just looking for your professional opinion as to what is happening
Asked On : Tue, 12 Feb 2013