Inserted Q tip deep into the ear. Able to hear well. Should I be concerned?

Hi So i was trying to clean out my left ear with a Q tip and my hand slipped and the tip went pretty deep in my ear - for a moment my heart sank cuz i thought i burst my ear drum; now when i gulp or swallow air, i hear the normal swoosh sound in my right ear but silence in my left ear. When i put on my earplugs to test if i could stil hear, i was still able to hear in my left ear. Is there something i can do or will it just get okay in a few days - any idea what might have happened?
Asked On : Mon, 22 Apr 2013
Dec 2012

thanks for posting your query,

I do not feel there is a cause of alarm and that you should be rest assured that within a couple of days you will be alright. But I did not hear you mention whether or not the Q tip (part) stayed into your ear or not. If all came out, then I am pretty sure that it did not perforate (even though there is still a chance of perforation). It is best if you could meet up with your primary care doctor who can do an otoscopic exams just to make sure that everything is fine.
I feel within a couple of days, you will feel better.

Hope this helps